M&M Estate Agents in Newington Green, London, N1, N5, N16
M&M Property - Your Local Area Property Specialists
Get in touch
M&M Property, 97 Newington Green Road
Islington, London N1 4QX
0207 704 0664
Monday to Friday from 9.00am to 6.00pm
Saturdays from 9.30am to 2.30pm.
Knowing our Area
As local Newington Green estate agents, M&M Property is the go-to estate agent for selling and letting homes in Newington Green.
As estate agents in Newington Green, M&M Property specialises in finding you flats and houses for sale or rent in the London borough of Islington.
Spotlight on Newington Green
Newington Green is one of London’s oldest neighbourhoods, yet only fairly recently has it achieved hotspot status. Some 10 years ago it underwent a grassroots regeneration project backed by the local council.
Looking at the green today, it breaths a fresh breath of air. It is a cleaner, safer place to live with children playing on the green, pavements widened and new street lamps and is now a haven of bars, cafes and entertainment venues. Newington Green has become a more middle-class, prosperous place to be, appearing on the where-to-live list for the yummy mummy, and the property prices reflect this. Long gone is the nickname ‘the Islington you can still afford’.
Newington Green straddles the border between Islington and Stoke Newington and gives its name to the surrounding area. The area is covered by the N1, N5 and N16 postcodes, but the Green itself comes under the N16 postcode. Newington Green and Newington Green Road to the south constitute the commercial and cultural centre of the district.
There are several bus routes, such as the 73, 141, 341 and 476, that pass through Newington Green providing transport links to the City , West End and beyond. Highbury & Islington tube station is just under half a mile away with a travelling time to central London of approximately 15 minutes.
In 2010 the Overground expanded to include nearby Canonbury, linking it to London’s underground transport network.
Things to do and places to visit around Newington Green
- Jazz on the Green (Annually on the first weekend in July)
- Carols on the Green (Annual Christmas Carol Singing) – December – date TBA
- Newington Green Fruit & Vegetables (109 Newington Green Road N1 4QY)
- Belle Epoque www.belleepoque.co.uk
- Gingerlily Flowers www.gingerlily-flowers.co.uk
- Mother Earth https://www.facebook.com/MotherEarthLondon
- Shine (Hair, Health, Beauty) www.shineholistic.co.uk
- The Acoustic Café (60 Newington Green) https://www.cafeacoustic.co.uk/
- The Alma www.thealmapubn1.com
- The Cellars www.thecellarsnewingtongreen.com
- The Snooty Fox www.snootyfoxlondon.co.uk
- Trattoria Sapori https://www.trattoriasapori.co.uk/
- That Place on the Corner https://thatplaceonthecorner.co.uk/