Tenant Fees & Charges
Should you wish to proceed with a tenancy through M & M Property, the following fees/charges will apply in addition to the rent agreed
Before the tenancy starts:-
• There is a holding deposit payable to secure a property until the agreement is signed. This deposit is equivalent to one weeks’ rent and acts as part payment towards your security Deposit.
• There is a security Deposit payable, equivalent to the sum of five weeks’ rent.
You may also be required to make the following permitted payments:
During the tenancy (payable to the Agent)
• Payment of up to £50.00 inclusive of VAT if you want to make a change to the tenancy agreement
• Payment of interest for the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate, if the late payment has been overdue for 14 days or more.
• Payment for the reasonable costs that we have incurred to cover the cost of replacing lost keys or security devices, where this is required under the tenancy agreement. Costs associated with the loss of a key or security device vary depending on the key/security device. Where feasible, the tenant has the option to replace the lost key or security device at their own cost instead
• Payment of any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
During the tenancy (payable to the provider) if permitted and applicable
– gas, electricity, water
– Communications – telephone and broadband
– Installation of cable/satellite
– Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
– Television licence
– Council Tax
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
M & M Property is a member of CMP, which is a client money protection scheme and also a member of the Property Ombudsman redress scheme. You can find out more details on our website or by contacting us directly.